Why Are Courier Services Important?June 17, 2020
Importance of Same-Day DeliveryAugust 26, 2020
There are plenty of differences between courier services and standard delivery. Here are some of those variations that you can expect between the two:
What is standard delivery service?
USPS or UPS services have carrier services for shippers who have conventional and minor delivery needs. Online goods and packages from your family are routinely transferred this way. These can take days at a time to reach their destination, sometimes with no inclination of exactly when.
What are courier services?
Courier providers don’t always have the same services since they all carry different abilities. For most, a courier service is a privately-owned company that concentrates in one or more divisions in the shipping process, with capacities from local same-day delivery to global services. They usually have various forms of transportation, which guarantees getting items place to place on time. Sometimes other forms of transport can move parcels faster than a car. Courier companies have versatility in producing the right solutions for your specific requests when it comes to shipping.
Some differences include:
- Timeliness: Couriers work as they get orders placed, rather than a typically delivery service that has a truck full of packages. They will be going right to you! Delivery services make stops along the way.
- 24/7: A lot of courier services work 24/7. Quality customer service is very important because of the variety of shipping services. Choosing to use logistics and courier services means you can rely on customer service that is readily accessible and competent.
- Security factor: Courier services provide a chain of command to know the who, where, and what of your order. Logistics providers use technology that is specific to each industry and that emphasizes transparency beyond conventional carrier tracking. Couriers can also be trained for certain situations such as HIPPA certification for pharmaceutical transports.
- Nationwide: You are able to find a courier company or logistics provider pretty much anywhere you go. There are a large number of companies that have nationwide drivers ready. Placing an order with a call or email is a big deal to those with delivery needs that come constantly and are time-sensitive. Standard shipping is often a lot more difficult those people.
- Amount of money: Businesses can save some money if they work with couriers because delivery services don’t need to charge set prices to their services. If your company has unique operations, you should anticipate unique solutions.
- Use less resources: Typical parcel delivery services don’t fully relieve the in-house resources you may be used to complete the shipping process. Courier service companies know how to take care of the process the whole way through. This way, your company can concentrate its resources.
Xpressman Trucking & Courier offers courier services in Massachusetts. Contact us to learn more. Give us a call or fill out our contact form.