Why Are Courier Services Important?June 17, 2020
Importance of Same-Day DeliveryAugust 26, 2020
There are plenty of differences between courier services and standard delivery. Here are some of those variations that you can expect between the two:
Standard delivery service
USPS or UPS services offer carrier services for shippers whose delivery needs are conventional and non-urgent. E-commerce goods and care packages from your family are routinely transferred this way. These can take days at a time to reach their destination, sometimes with no inclination of exactly when.
Courier providers don’t always offer the same services because they don’t all invest in the same abilities. In most cases, a courier service is a private company that concentrates in one or more divisions in the shipping process, with capacities ranging from same-day local delivery to global services. They usually have multiple means of transportation, which guarantees timeliness because sometimes other forms of transport can move parcels faster than a car. Overall, courier companies have versatility in producing solutions to your particular shipping requests.
The key differences
- Speed: Couriers work orders individually and in real-time so that on-demand and rushed jobs are potential, whereas a driver usually does standard services with a full truck making their way through a route.
- Availability: A lot of courier services are 24/7 operations. Because of the variety of shipping services, quality customer service is a must. When you use logistics and courier providers, you can rely on readily accessible and competent customer service.
- Security: Courier services provide a chain of command to know the who, where, and what of your order. Logistics providers use industry-specific technology that emphasizes transparency beyond conventional carrier tracking. Couriers can also be trained for certain situations such as HIPPA certification for pharmaceutical transports.
- Easy access: You are able to find a courier company or logistics provider pretty much anywhere you go. There are a large number of companies that have drivers to use nationwide. Putting in an order with a call or email makes all the difference to those with frequent, time-dependent delivery needs. Standard shipping is often a lot more difficult for you.
- Cost: Businesses can cut costs if they team up with courier companies because service providers don’t surely need to charge set prices to their services. If your company has unique operations, you should anticipate unique solutions.
- Free up your resources: Standard parcel delivery services don’t completely relieve the in-house resources you may be used to handle your shipping functions. Courier service providers are proficient in managing operations from start to finish. This way, your company can concentrate its resources, like time and labor, on its core competencies. That’s just a savvy business choice.
Xpressman Trucking & Courier offers courier services in Massachusetts. Contact us to learn more. Give us a call or fill out our contact form.